Founding Head of School of Ivy Montessori Children’s House
Tracy Epps began her Montessori journey 20 years ago as a parent with her now adult son, Greylon and continues the journey with her infant daughter, Vioney. She has three diplomas from the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI): Assistants to Infancy (birth to 3), Primary (3-6) and Montessori for Aging & Dementia. She holds a M.Ed. in Montessori Education from Loyola University of Maryland, a master’s degree in Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, and a masters and doctorate in Psychology from DePaul University.
Dr. Tracy is very passionate about giving children the best start for a healthy life. She has a special interest in promoting healthy relationships between children and their parents, families, and caregivers. Dr. Tracy‘s extensive training and early childhood certifications include:
– Current Fellow: Infant-Parent Mental Health, UC Davis
– Pikler Advanced Intensives: Engaging in Dialogue w Infants/Toddlers; Respectful Care and Relationship with the Adult; Self-Initiated Motor Development
– Resources for Infant Educarers® (RIE): Foundation Course
– SonRise® Autism Treatment Center of America
– Music Together®
– Suzuki® Early Childhood Music Education
– Monart® Draw and Learn, and
– Zumbini® (fitness, music, and dance for 0-4 year olds).
Previously, Dr. Tracy served as faculty in management and psychology at DePaul University, a personal and executive coach, an organizational consultant, and a research psychologist (active duty) and education specialist (reserves) for the U.S. Army.
Dr. Tracy is especially enamored of infants and toddlers, who she sees as fearless explorers filled with wonder. She is excited to bring the first Wildflower Montessori home school to Pittsburg and the NorCal Hub.